PAROBiz Huntsville19: Call for Nominations
To be eligible for PAROBiz Huntsville19 Awards, nominee must be a woman (in the case of Impact Social Entrepreneur, can be a man) who is the primary owner and operator of a business located in Northeastern, Eastern, South Eastern, and Central Ontario (excluding the Greater Toronto Area).
Being the “primary owner and operator” is defined as having a minimum of 51% ownership (being the majority stakeholder) and being active in the business.
- A nominee can ONLY be nominated for one Award category.
- Nominees must respond to the nomination package to be considered by deadline (Feb 1, 2019).
- Nominees have to be registered and attend the PAROBiz Huntsville19 event to receive the Award.
- If the nominee is an Award Winner, they may request refund of the registration fee.
Award Categories & Description
This year, PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise introduces six key PAROBiz Award Categories:
- New Business of the year. This award recognizes a woman entrepreneur, with a successful and notable track record for less than 3 years and is giving back to the community.
- Established Business of the year. This award recognizes a woman entrepreneur, with a successful and notable track record for 3 years or more. This woman has established a business, taken financial risks, managed the business successfully, and has given back to the community.
- PARO Fundraising Circle of the year. This award recognizes a peer-lending circle’s on going community and group effort that positively impacts PARO and their community, fundraising for their Circle and the PARO grant fund.
- Rising Star. This award recognizes woman’s emerging talent. A Rising Start is a current leader or an aspiring future leader who is starting out in business, managing her own business, or quickly rising through the ranks. This award is open to women of all ages who have made a mark in business and is a ‘woman to watch’ in terms of future contribution and community leadership.
- Impact Social Entrepreneur. This award recognizes a Social Entrepreneur who has roots in creating social change. The social enterprise is designed to make money, but the primary goal will always be to create positive Social Impact.
- Digital PARO. This award recognizes a woman who uses digital technologies to improve her business processes, to inspire, encourage and to connect other women to her community networks.