PAROBiz Northwest 2018
The PAROBiz: From Dreaming to Achieving event is a celebration of accomplishments and a great learning opportunity! This motivating event is packed with workshops, motivating activity sessions, a one of a kind tradeshow, Speed Mentoring Sessions, engaging networking opportunities, and a luncheon awards honouring Northern and Eastern women who have made positive contributions in their community.
Since 1999, PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise has recognized and awarded Women in Business and Entrepreneurs across Northern and Eastern Ontario! This year, the PAROBiz Awards seeks to empower women, strengthen small business and promote community economic development.
PAROBiz Award Nomination period is open to all Women in Business and Entrepreneurs across Northern and Eastern Ontario. We encourage members and community leaders to nominate worthy individuals for the PAROBiz Awards, which will be presented during PAROBiz Event:From Dreaming to Achieving, November 8th, 2018.
Nominations closes Sept 17, 2018!!!
To be eligible for PAROBiz Awards, nominee must be a woman (in the case of Building Bridges, can be a man) who is the primary owner and operator of a Northern or Eastern Ontario business.
This year, PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise introduces five key PAROBiz Award Categories:
- New Business of the year. This award recognizes a business, with a successful and notable track record for less than 3 years.
- Established Business of the year. This award recognizes a business with a successful and notable track record for 3 years or more. A woman who has established a business, taken financial risks and managed the business successfully.
- Change-maker Entrepreneur. This award recognizes an individual business owner and change-maker driving social innovation and transformation forward in one of the following fields: education, health or environment. A change-maker entrepreneur builds strong and sustainable organizations, which are either set up as not-for-profit or for-profit.
- PARO Building Bridges of the year. This award recognizes an individual who has overcome challenges and barriers in their life to build a sustainable livelihood as an entrepreneur and has been part of this program at PARO Centre.
- PARO Fundraising Circle of the year. This award recognizes a peer lending circle’s on going community and group effort that positively impacts PARO and their community, fundraising funds for their circle and the PARO grant fund.