Circles & Clusters
PARO Peer Circles help women to connect and network with other enterprising women. Peer Circles are small groups of like-minded women who meet regularly to share their experiences, offer advice to each other and expand their individual and shared contact networks.
One of the key elements of a Peer Circle is that members also provide access to lending support of between $500.00 and $5,000.00. Members of the Peer Circle are involved in the review and approval of a member's PARO loan application before it is approved. Peer lending has helped many Circle members to grow their businesses and set new goals for the future. Today it is one of the strongest peer lenders of small business loans in North America”. Source: Impact – A Social Enterprise Strategy for Ontario, 2013
Women from diverse backgrounds and with mixed expertise are encouraged to form their own Peer Circles. Connect with like-minded women in your community and ask us about starting a new Peer Circle today.
Why Apply for a Peer Loan?
A Peer Loan is so much more than a small business loan. It comes with peer support, training and increased control, to name just a few benefits. A Peer Loan may be the right for solution for you if:
- You have no or poor credit history
- You have no cash or other source of equity
- The loan amount you need is too small for a bank to consider
- You lack trust in typical financial institutions
- You want to avoid credit card debt
- You want to leverage additional funds.
Contact us today to learn more about joining a Circle of dedicated, motivated women who can support you in making the changes you want to make in your life.
Click here to pay or re-new your PARO Circle Membership. For assistance, please contact or call 807-625-0328.
PARO is working with entrepreneurs and visionaries across Northern Ontario to support the development of local and regional Biz Clusters.
A Biz Cluster is a group of businesses working actively together to strengthen their competitive advantage. Working together could include sharing work space, buying bulk supplies or bidding for contracts as a group.
- For businesses in Northern Ontario, the benefits of forming or joining a Biz Cluster are enormous and include:
- Pooling collective business knowledge and sharing opportunities and information
- Increased capacity and therefore improved ability to take on larger contracts and attract more customers.
- Educating the local and wider business community about individual and collective business capabilities
- Exposure to new networks by sharing contacts
- Supporting and motivating one another through business challenges
- Shared and reduced business costs.
Contact PARO for information on Biz Clusters in your community.
Provide access to grants and loans for 500 to 5000. All are intended to contribute to their amazing grant program. Donate Now.