Women in Politics
Women are equally represented in all levels of elected government.
To encourage, train, and mentor women to run for all levels of elected government and to advocate for policy change that supports our vision, to ensure women’s interests and sensibilities are represented and influential in decision making that affects the lives of all Canadians.
- To increase the number of women elected in Northwestern Ontario in all levels of government and school boards
- To guide, encourage and prepare women to run for political office.
- To develop a support system and education program for women planning to enter the political field.
- To provide a mentor role for potential candidates.
- To increase the participation of women in political life.
Count me in!!! Friday September 22, 2017..... Register here!!!
- Women in Politics Group Hosts its First Forum in Thunder Bay
- WIP First Forum with Keynote Speaker Lyn Macleod
- A Celebration of Women in Politics
- Women Leaders Needed: Please Apply by Rosalind Lockyer
- Choose to be Heard by Katherine Keeping
- Women are under-represented in all levels of government by Jane Taber
- The complicated task of getting more women involved in politics by Jane Taber