Are you interested in being a part of our collaborative team? We are hiring a Program Development Intern! Please see full job post below:
Program Development Intern
The Program Development Intern will work with the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Program Developer and other assigned staff to enhance PARO programming and reduce barriers to women working to enhance their economic security. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we collaborate to empower women, strengthen small business and promote community economic development across Ontario.
The Program Development Intern will provide administrative supports including:
- Developing resources to enhance the various PARO programs, including social enterprise
- Assist in the coordination of PARO events, when applicable, including online/virtual events
- Work with members of the management team to prepare documents, proposals, and enquiries to increase resources for program enhancement
- assist with the program monthly reports
- provide administrative supports including reception services, responding to inquiries, communication and interaction with the general public and visiting guests including program participants
- working with PARO staff to increase program awareness, increase access to programs and for efficient management of PARO programs and services
This position is funded under the Ontario Summer Experience Program 2020. Individuals are eligible to apply for Ontario Summer Experience Program 2020 if they:
- are 15 and have not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years of age for persons with a disability, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- are currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or graduated from a secondary, or post-secondary institution within the past six months
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year, proof of student enrolment must be provided to the employer.
- Students must be residents of Ontario during the period of employment.
- Students must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Students should be living in Ontario at the time they start work.
POSITION REQUIRES: A valid driver’s license, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an ability to accommodate competing demands and to meet deadlines.
Essential to these positions is passion, vision, and a drive to try to make a positive impact on society.
DEADLINE: 4:00 pm Friday June 22, 2020. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. E-mail resumes, cover letter, and three references with permission to contact, to:
PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise,
110-105 May St. N., Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 3N9