PARO Mentor Moments
What is PARO Mentor Moments?
PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise (PARO) provides entrepreneurial supports for women who are starting or expanding businesses in the province of Ontario.
Mentoring is an integral part of this support. A PARO counsellor may assign a Mentor Moments mentor to provide the area of expertise required by a participant. Mentors also offer participants an opportunity to tackle issues where their Circle members might not have experience.
The PARO Mentor Moments program is available to current PARO program participants (clients), including Circle members, as mentees, and to all present and past PARO participants (clients), including Circle members, as mentors. Care is taken to consider the right match for each pair or women may self-select and contact a PARO Counsellor to complete the PARO Mentor Moments agreements.
Mentoring could last from one or two meetings or more, as needed, and as agreed upon by the two parties. Women may act as Mentors for some areas of expertise and experience, and Mentees where they need advice or support in other areas. Meetings may be held in person or electronically.
Our vision with this program is to engage mentees and mentors from PARO’s Peer Lending Circles, networks and all business sectors in order to grow and improve PARO Mentor Moments for years to come. Our mission is to enhance the success of Ontario women to fulfill their business goals and dreams by matching mentors with mentees in a fruitful mutually beneficial relationship.
Benefits for Participants in PARO Mentor Moments
- Receive assistance to resolve business or personal challenges from someone with the experience to understand and the resources to help
- Learn new strategies, tools and skills
- Expand their network of business contacts and social supports
- Receive a mentor who will listen, guide and provide specialized support
- Experience lower levels of stress
- Complete the PARO Mentor Moments Mentee application form and agreement
- Expand their network of business contacts
- Be provided with guidelines on PARO’s mentorship model and standards
- Gain experience as a mentor/consultant in your field
- Gain exposure to fresh perspectives on business and innovations in your field
- Receive recognition for your work with this program, if you approve.
- Be given an opportunity to help other women
- Complete the PARO Mentor Moments Mentor Application form and agreement.
Mentee and Mentor Requirements:
- Must commit to at least one thirty-minute meeting per month, in person or online.
- Must act in an emotionally intelligent and mutually respectful manner.
- Must be enthusiastic participants.
- Information shared must be held in confidence.
- Mentors must be confident and effective communicators.
There are just 7 or 8 questions to answer, depending on the form. Easy! Results go directly into our database.
Application form links:
Mentors and mentees will be notified when PARO has been able to create a match. Because this is a new program, and depending on the specific needs of each client, there may initially be a short waiting period before a suitable match can be made.
Phone: (807) 625-0328
Toll Free: 1-800-584-0252