Business Growth Advisors
As a contracted business providing services to PARO, you will provide services as a Conseillère en croissance d’entreprise - to women living in urban, rural, remote communities across Ontario. Your business, representing PARO, will assist other women to start, sustain, and scale up their businesses using various technologies such as telephone, email, Zoom, CRMs, Learning Management Systems, BaseCamp, and other communication software and supports, travel, and in-person meetings when required (as permitted). Your business services to women will include providing holistic entrepreneurial counseling and webinars; development and support for PARO Circles; development, delivery, and support to BIZCamps and small networking events; connecting women to affordable business financing options within PARO and those researched from outside PARO; and reporting statistics, connecting on BASECAMP, and invoicing monthly to receive payment from PARO. You will build positive relationships and communicate with strategic partners and other agencies to support getting new referrals and providing services to women entrepreneurs to ensure the success and sustainability of their businesses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
You have experience operating a successful business and managing the efficient use of time. You have facilitation/coordination skills, financial acumen, business development, and reporting skills. You are a team player, but can work independently; self-motivated, and flexible, Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration, Accounting and/or Education, or a related field. You have proven experience with business planning and operations, group training and facilitation, coaching/counseling, mentoring, and related business experience. Experience reaching out for clients and building good customer relations; knowledge of women’s issues, and innovative approaches to business development, microfinance, and community economic development are definite assets. You are a team player, positive and self-motivated, fluent in English, but the ability to speak and write in French, Ojibwe or Oji-Cree would be an asset.
This position requires travel by air and road (when permitted and if approved); a valid driver’s license, reliable personal vehicle, and vehicle insurance; excellent interpersonal, organizational skills; written and oral communication skills; excellent analytical skills; and an ability to accommodate competing demands and meet deadlines.
Contract position for 3.5 days (equivalent 28 hours) per month. $250/day (the equivalent of an 8 hour day) and $125 for a half-day equivalent for planning, reporting, and follow-up ($875/month). For planned and approved travel, mileage, accommodation, and meals will also be covered using PARO set rates. Time at PARO meetings can be charged at an equivalent hourly rate over and above the 3.5 days.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Resumes including cover letter, 2 professional references, and authorization to contact, DEADLINE EXTENDED TO Augutst 25Th, 2021 at 4:00pm (EST), and submissions can be made to email: email@example.com. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise
110-105 May St. N., Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 3N9
Le Centre PARO pour l’entreprise des femmes
Thunder Bay, ON
Full-time, Temporary, Contract
PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise (PARO) is multi-faceted non-profit organization with multiple projects and funders, reporting just over $2 million in total revenues for the 2019-2020 year. Working in a friendly, supportive women-centred work environment, as the Bookkeeper/Office Clerk, you will work as part of the PARO finance team to carry out duties including, but not limited to, the following:
· Assist with general bookkeeping duties including data entry, accounts payables, accounts receivables, bank reconciliation, cheque preparation, invoice review and preparation, filing of financial records;
· Assist with the preparation of monthly budgets and/or cash flows, as well as monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required;
· Assist with year-end preparations for annual filings including financial audits as required;
· Issue invoices to contractors, partners, as required;
· Work with the Financial Manager, as mentor, to develop une comprehensive knowledge of PARO’s Financial Bookkeeping policies and practices, striving for the capability required;
· And any activities as required by the CEO.
Qualifications and Skills
· Previous bookkeeping experience (2-3 years experience)
· Training and/or experience with Sage/Simply Accounting software
· Experience in a not-for-profit/charitable status organization is an asset
· Bachelor degree or College Diploma in the field of business/management with specialization in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and adapt to a fast paced changing environment while maintaining attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to learn quickly and self-motivate while working independently and/or collaborating as part of a team.
· Experience and/or aptitude with Microsoft Excel
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Working onsite at PARO’s Head Office;
· A valid driver’s license, personal vehicle and vehicle insurance;
· Must be eligible to work in Canada.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Applications including cover letter, 3 professional references and authorization to contact, DEALINE EXTENDED TO MAY 21ST, 2021 at 4:00pm, and submissions can be made to email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 25Th, 2021 at 4:00pm (EST)
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise,
110-105 May St. N., Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 3N9